Liposuction is a surgical technique that has been used for years, but UAL- ultrasound assisted liposuction is definitely a name that you might not have heard as often, save for recent times. This is mainly because this innovative liposuction technique takes the procedure to the next level and delivers more pronounced results.
What Is Ultrasound Assisted Liposuction?
Liposuction is the process where fat cells are extracted from designated areas that have excess fat deposits. To make the entire process smoother and more efficient, ultrasound waves are used. These waves help disintegrate the fat cells which are then easily removed by liposuction. The length and extent of the procedure depends on the amount of fat that has to be removed and other factors, external or internal.
Benefits of UAL Liposuction
• The procedure is a great alternative to the typical fat removal surgeries available. This technique is less invasive and results in less visible post-surgical marks.
• The time required for recovery after the procedure is less when compared to other methods.
• Faster recovery times means you can return to your normal daily routine within two to three days after undergoing the treatment. Full recovery happens almost within two weeks.
• Utilizing ultrasound technology helps target specific areas for more precise corrections. Even for smaller corrections, this method can be highly beneficial.
• This procedure can be performed in several parts of the body and can produce equally great results thanks to the accuracy of the technique.
• This method allows the surgeon to remove fat deposits from difficult areas of the body.
The UAL Liposuction Procedure
The process starts with the injection of tumescent fluid in the area that is being corrected. This fluid is a combination of a saline solution, epinephrine, and an anesthetic. This helps numb the area where the procedure will be performed and eases the discomfort.
The fluid injected solves two purposes. One is to make up for the loss of fluids during the fat extraction. The other is to make it easier to remove the fat cells during liposuction. Once a small incision is made, your surgeon will insert a narrow tube called a cannula a send ultrasound waves through it. These waves break down the fat cells which are then removed through the same cannula.
Before and After UAL Liposuction
Before undergoing the procedure, your surgeon will have to assess your health to make sure that you are a good candidate. Suitable candidates will also need to stop taking certain medications and begin making lifestyle changes to prepare for the treatment. This is simply to improve the effectiveness of the treatment and to prevent any unprecedented reactions.
Your surgeon will give you preoperative and postoperative instructions that you will need to follow to ensure a successful end result. As the fat cells are removed, the contours of your body will improve, giving you a slim and fit physique.
Contact Our Office
Gulf Coast Plastic Surgery provides exceptional surgical procedures to patients with varying degrees of needs. If you’re interested in learning more about the treatment, please contact our office today or call 850-474-0155.